Yet another "smart" meter fire has caused a fatality, claiming the life of a 74-year-old man in Dallas, Texas.
Category - Smart meters: home fires
SMART METER FIRES: Fatalities & Liability
• Hundreds of smart meters simultaneously explode (Stockton, CA – April 2015)
• Smart meter fire kills 74-year old man in Dallas, Texas (February 2015)
• Man dies in “smart” meter fire (Vacaville, CA – July 2013)
• Fatal fire, smart meter suspected:“Be very aware, very vigilant” says Fire Chief (Reno, NV – Sept 2014)
• Couple escapes house fire, dogs killed: smart meter blamed (Detroit, MI – October 2014)
• ALL 1.2M Elster “smart” meters to be replaced in Arizona (November 2015)
• SaskPower to replace 105,000 faulty “smart” meters (Saskatchewan, CAN – July 2014)
• SaskPower CEO resigns following investigation into smart meter “catastrophe” (October 2014)
• PGE to replace 70,000 faulty “smart” meters (Portland, OR – July 2014)
• Lakeland Electric to replace over 10,000 faulty “smart” meters (Lakeland, FL – August 2014)
• Are tens of thousands of defective “smart” meters being stealthily replaced in Arizona? (Sept 2014)
• PECO replaces 186,000 faulty “smart” meters (Philadelphia, PA – October 2012)
• Another 100 smart meters simultaneously explode (Capitola, CA – May 2015)
• Archive of hundreds of documented “smart” meter fires – EMF Safety Network
Having reached the end of 2014, there is no doubt it has been a devastating year for utility smart meters and smart grid advocates. Whether all...
by K.T. Weaver, for Take Back Your Power As reported in late July, following a series of fires throughout Saskatchewan...
With a letter to the Alberta government from Andrew Michrowski PhD, this article considers the evidence linking an increase in electrical...
A couple barely escaped a house fire with their lives in Detroit, Michigan, early Sunday morning, October 5th, 2014. Sadly, their two dogs were...
by K.T. Weaver, for Take Back Your Power Criminal liability actions against utilities deploying meters now appear to be...