Originally posted on ActivistPost here. Reposted with permission.
According to pro-industry publication, Smart Cities Dive:
- The U.S. Conference of Mayors (USCM) said in a statement that it would sue the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) if the commission does not change a proposed policy that would preempt local control in a bid to streamline installation of 5G wireless infrastructure.
- The National Association of Counties is also opposing the proposal, telling POLITICO it would “effectively prevent local governments from properly examining the impact that construction, modification or installation of broadcasting facilities may have on public health, safety and welfare of the local community.”
- The proposal from FCC commissioner Brendan Carr would bar municipal laws prohibiting deployment of 5G small cells and would set deadlines for municipalities to approve or disapprove applications to install small cells or build new poles. The plan is set for a vote on Sept. 26.
The Dive has already published articles about citizens who aren’t keen on 5G technology or “Smart Cities.” However, they are still pro-industry. Keep that in mind if/when you read their articles.
Of course, most – but not all – articles published by pro-industry publications are going to be pro-tech everything. And some – but not all – articles published by the mainstream media include inaccurate information about harm caused by exposure to technology.
Regardless, decades of research has already proven that exposure to cell towers and all sources of cell phone and wireless radiation can be harmful and in more ways than cancer risk. That’s why there are an increasing number of American children, teenagers, doctors, environmental organizations, firefighters, municipal organizations, tribal groups and more who aren’t happy AT ALL about having no control over wireless infrastructure installation in front of their homes and throughout in their communities. They are not backing down. One municipality enacted an “urgency ordinance” after it received 145 letters from concerned citizens expressing their worries over new 5G towers.
The Federal Communications Commission is NOT a health or environmental protection organization. However, their job is to regulate The Telecom Industry (aka Big Wireless). They are supposed to protect the public but they are not. This isn’t a new thing either.
Activist Post has covered FCC shenanigans many times. Current FCC Commissioner, Brendan Carr, current FCC Chairman Ajit Pai, and former FCC Chairman, Tom Wheeler all seem to have sold out to The Telecom Industry. Many of our elected officials have as well – but fortunately not all of them.
For more information on what you can do to stop wireless infrastructure from being installed throughout your community, visit the following websites:
- Wireless Information Network
- 5G Information
- Center For Safer Wireless
- Center For Electrosmog Prevention
- Citizens for Safe Technology
- EMF Safety Network
- Environmental Health Trust
- InPower Movement
- My Street, My Choice
- Parents for Safe Technology
- Physicians for Safe Technology
- Scientists for Wired Tech